Under the supervision of the Lifeguard Service Manager, the Lifeguard Loop Supervisor/Manager is responsible for supervising, scheduling, mentoring, and training all lifeguards in their loop. This person is in charge of emergency and incident prevention and ensuring patron safety at all of Premier’s aquatics facilities, by coordinating lifeguard trainings and evaluations, mentoring staff and monitoring lifeguard quality, monitoring the pool chemistry and overall facility safety, and creating and overseeing the lifeguard rotation. In addition, the Loop Supervisor/Manager monitors and reports all facility issues to the necessary contacts, depending on the facility, to ensure a safe aquatic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Hold a current Lifeguard Training Certification (including CPR Pro, AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration) and keep certification up to date
- Must have at least 2 year of supervisory experience.
- Organizational skills, prioritizing abilities, superior human relation skills, strong clerical skills, and must have good communication skills - verbal, written and phone.
- Accuracy is extremely important and attention to detail is a must.
- Aids in training, coaching, evaluating and mentoring Lifeguard Staff.
- Aids in New Employee Orientation.
- Responsible for the safety development and coordination in all Premier facilities.
- Insures that emergency equipment remains available and in proper working order.
- Maintains accurate logs of all staff certifications.
- Maintains information on emergency action procedures.
- Develops rotation schedule for guards based on the needs of the facility and in cooperation with other Directors.
- Makes scheduling recommendations based on staffing efficiency, expense control, and safety.
- Provides excellent customer service by communicating with guests and educating them about pool operation and safety.
- Responsible for general operations of Lifeguard staff. Facilitates weekly Loop Supervisor meetings.
- Must be observant, safety conscious, and able to react calmly and quickly in emergency situation.
- Must work well with patrons, staff and volunteers, and possesses mature judgment and sound decision-making
- Have a strong knowledge and experience in the area of aquatics
- Must have excellent customer service skills, and have the ability to relate to diverse populations.
- Have the ability to motivate others in the areas of self-awareness and self-confidence through swimming and aquatics.
- Flexible schedule, willing to cover shifts as needed.
- Play an active role in continuing to identify ways to improve safety standards
- Facilitate regular emergency drills and in service trainings and be familiar with all safety protocol and EAP’s for each facility.
- Must facilitate weekly in-service for all Premier lifeguard staff.
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Must attend weekly management meetings.
- Assists in recruitment and hiring of new staff.
Please note you must be at least 15 years of age to apply for any of our positions.
Our company is an at-will employer. This means that regardless of any provision, either you or the company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause for notice.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.